HOW TO BECOME A GODDAMN MAGICIAN
1. OWN A TABLET PEN
2. PUT IT DOWN FOR TEN SECONDS
3. ABRACADABRA WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO
I had to break down and buy a replacement pen for my intros, things need a cable attached to the end of them.
Also, do you have any tips on staying focused when writing?
- Find a workplace. Some people can only work efficiently in certain places. Certain environments will boost your productivity, while others will completely ruin it. Find the places where you’re the most creative and/or when you can find staying focused easier. A place with little distractions will often work better, which brings me to our next point.
- Eliminate all distractions. We live in a world where there’s too much happening, everywhere, at all times. Make sure you turn off the world while you’re writing. Turn off your phone, turn off the TV, put that book you’re eager to finish away from your sight. Stop checking Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, whatever. StayFocusd is a great tool for this. Check it out.
- Make time for writing. If you are in a hurry, you’ll be so worried about when you have to go that you won’t be able to concentrate. If necessary, create a schedule and decide on the times you can dedicate exclusively to writing and don’t have to be in a hurry to anything after that. If this works for you, make sure you get done with all your obligations before you sit down to write again.
- Does music help? It doesn’t help everyone, but it’s useful for some people. There are sounds that help you concentrate and even create a peaceful environment that gets you in the perfect mood to write. Here’s a playlist and here’s a website full of sounds that can work as ambient music.
- Take breaks. Studies show that people who take breaks can be a lot more productive, as concentration sort of wears out after a while if you don’t rest. Don’t try to write everything at once. Find how much time you can write without feeling tired and, when you do, don’t be afraid to take a break and enjoy a cup of coffee or a cup of tea.
For further reading:
All good tips that can definitely be applied to drawing.